Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Must Go Down to the Sea Again

I was feeling reflective and whimsical today while working in my studio. As I was gluing broken china tiles to a tabletop (that's a post for another day), I was thinking about my Navy days and sea duty. I was a career Sailor, now retired after 22+ years of service and three Western Pacific tours aboard ship. I really wanted to make a necklace out of the great key I found while vacationing in Montana (see post Big Sky Treasure!), and reflection and whimsy came together in Key to Atlantis. It's for sale in my Etsy shop, Catnip Studio. The key must be kept safe, perhaps around the neck of someone salty, sea worthy, and on speaking terms with mermaids and Davy Jones. Potential plank walkers need not apply.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin