Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

The 300 Pound Gorilla (Monkey in the Middle Monday)

AT LAST!!! The 300 pound gorilla, no puny little banana-eatin' Monkey in the Middle Monday monkey, is finally off of my broken, bowed back! I finished it last night, after months of hating every single mosaic semi-circle (custom request), and snapped photos this morning. This was my first large mosaic (large for me, anyway, at about 2 x 3 feet), and my first semi-circle attempt. May I just say - not my favorite pattern to execute, though I learned a lot. A LOT. As in, everything NOT to do (grimace). The important thing is how much the new owner loves it, and how perfectly it fits into her home decor. I am so happy that she is happy, and I can visit the table whenever I want to. I don't see THAT happening any time soon ;-) Click here to see the table in progress, and please visit MIMM hostess Sunshine and Ravioli for more Monkey in the Middle Monday, and luscious cottage goodness, too!


4 comments:

Steph said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful!

Think I need to get my monkey rear in gear...off to work on my post....

Steph

karin@creativechaos said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

OMGoodness--that is so absolutely gorgeous!! No wonder it took you so long...what a lot of work (and skill) involved. You should be quite proud of yourself--it's ab fab!
Smiles, Karen

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Gorgeous!! Breathtaking!! You did a fabulous job!! WOW!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin