Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gingham, Dots, and Hearts, Oh My!

Now that Christmas 2008 is past and I contemplate restoring our home to pre-holiday decor, my hands are busy creating for the new year. Here are some sneak peeks of Valentine goodies coming to Catnip Studio Too at Lollishops!
The flocked, floral paper shown above in blue, and below in red and pink, adds a touch of cottage elegance to the gift tags. Fresh, and retro, all at once! I especially enjoyed combining the black and white gingham ribbon and black ink dots for some contrast.
The tags above display rich, neutral shades of cream, tea, and soft black in cardstock and scrapbook papers. Shorthand script and old parchment images add a touch of the mysterious - a secret romance, perhaps?
The gorgeous taupes with cream and pale blue brocade papers above suggest a bridal theme, perfectly complimented by cream floral jacquard ribbon.
Embossed and glittered vines twine sweetly across the cardstock hearts above, and eggshell yellow acetate ribbon compliments the coral pinks, and brings out the matching yellows.
Lastly, a sweet pink posey decoupage ornament for Spring, sporting an opal glitter finish (for a subtle, rich glow hard to capture on camera) and a metallic pink-fading-to-gold ribbon attached to gold toned findings.

12 comments:

Mary Wadsworth said...

They are all beautiful kathy, I love the red with black and white ribbon.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Your creations are wonderful!

TinyBear said...

Love your tags. Beautiful colors.

starrynightimpressions said...

I am loving the beautiful tags, Kathy :)
and your decoupage ornament is so gorgeous, those pastel colors are so feminine.
blessings,
starrydeborah

Pieceful Bits said...

they are all so purrrty!

Renegade Rose said...

They are all BEE OOO TEEE FULL Kathy! I have been admiring your mosaic work too! Going to be listing some of my own soon.
xoxoxo
Lori

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, those are some seriously gorgeous tags!! My fav are the ones with the red polka dot hearts...I am such a sucker for pretty polka dots...but they are all just lovely!
Smiles, Karen

Lee W - The Way I See It said...

I really love your tags!!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Wishing you a wonderful 2009!

Teresa

The Catnap Cottage said...

How lovely - you are so very talented!! I wish you a wonderful 2009 - only the best!! Happy New Year!! Cindy

Melissa said...

Happy New Year & Best Wishes for a very prosperous 2009!

Mia Sophia said...

I love those tags. They look like cookies! Very cute!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin