Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Este Blog Investe e Acredita na...Proximidade!...

...This blog invests in the riches of proximity! (my rough translation). Proximidade, translated from Portuguese to English, means vicinity or neighborhood.
Sweet Holly at Haute Country Vintage Co. has bestowed Catnip Studio with this special award. I am touched and exceedingly flattered, that she thought my blog worthy. Here's the story behind the award, including some "msn live research" in parentheses:
"This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. (blogging makes us close by proxy; friendly neighborhoods linked around the world)
Blogs that receive this award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. (effort is made to maintain a quality blog in terms of blog etiquette, response, and audience - just because) *Note to reader: It does not escape my attention that the mere posting of the award is, in itself, a small measure of self-aggrandizement. I never said I was perfect ;-).
Our hope is that when the ribbons of these awards are cut, even more friendships are propagated. (post the award, and grow more friendship by passing it on)
Please give more attention to these writers! (be an active friend of their neighborhoods)

Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
Following are my eight blog choices (though there are many more that are also deserving), in no particular order, that consistently embody the spirit of kindness, friendship, neighborhood, and warmth for which this award is given:
Please take a moment to visit their blogs and say "Hello, friend!"

7 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Thank you so much!! My third honor to receive this award! I will proudly post it and share it! Thank you for thinking of me!
Barbara

TinyBear said...

Oh - Thank you Kathy. I´m so very honoured to receive this award. This is my first ever award. Thank you SO much for thinking of me.
I do love your creations too.
Hugs, Tina

My Best Friend Calls Me Martha said...

Thank so much Kathy!! Or as the Portuguese (my ancestry) would say obrigado~

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Oh, it took me a moment (and a mouse click) to realize MBFCMM is She's Sew Pretty's daughter!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Kathy, thank you so very much for thinking of me~What a wonderful surprise and a great honor to receive it from you! I am so in awe of your talent and artistry, and I thank you again so very much. Sharon

starrynightimpressions said...

Kathy,
What a lovely surprise!
I am honored to be on your list :)
and to be in such great company.
I love the blogging world, and I see that you do too!
Merci beaucoup my friend.
blessings,
starrydeborah

bstudio said...

Kathy, a BIG THANK YOU for this award! What a lovely surprise! I apologize for my tardy response.
Brenda

Blog Widget by LinkWithin