Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eggcentricity, a New Shop Assistant, and a Couple of Shout Outs

I love all things birdy, and I am to the point of eggcentricity in my love for paper decoupaging wood nest eggs.



My home decor shops at Etsy and LolliShops will soon be displaying Easter and Spring listings of decoupaged and glittered eggs on which I've been spending my winter evenings while watching reruns of American Idol, Frasier, Will & Grace, and The Golden Girls.


My lovely assistant, Bunny, recently left her home at LolliShop Nana's Nest for a chance at fame and glory playing second banana in some of my photo shoots. She is so cute, she may just be stealing the show!



Isn't Bunny darling? She arrived with her own Easter basket full of lovely pink watercolor-like decoupaged eggs, and a surprise seed-filled relaxing eye sachet with a divine aroma.





I am also thrilled with these bird ornaments from LolliShop Bailiwick Designs. They are painted and decoupaged metal hearts, and will be so perfect to brighten my covered front porch!



Lastly, more decoupage eggs with my favorite Japanese origami papers. These fine papers come in a variety of textures, weights, and patterns, and they are just the best!

14 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Everything is darling!!

Tiedupmemories said...

Your lovely new assistant is so sweet and she showcases those lovely eggs quite nicely!
Tracy

TinyBear said...

Your new assistant is very sweet and the bird ornaments too. Love your eggs. The paper is SO beautiful.
Tina

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Wow--talk about some eye-candy! Love your new assistant, she is absolutely adorable! Those bird ornaments...well, you know how I feel about birds! lol Loving all your pretty decoupaged eggs, so springlike and pretty!
Have a lovely day!
Smiles, Karen

REread said...

those ornaments are beautiful ...

Mikey said...

I love your pretty Easter eggs and your cute new assistant!!

TinyBear said...

Hi Kathy
You turn to pop over to my blog :o)
You won my blog giveaway.
Please send me your adress, and I´ll have my heart shipped your way.
Hugs, Tina

Uniquely Myself said...

Hello! YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED! Check out my blog to see what to do.
ps: i LOVE those birds n hearts.

The Catnap Cottage said...

Oh, I love the eggs, so pretty...I need to find my easter basket, does Mr. Bunny still come if you are 49??

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh my goodness! I love all of your wonderful Easter goodies...gotta go..on my way to your shop!!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi Sweet Kathy, I was just over at Etsy...Will you have pink oragami eggs too!? Thanks so much, Sharon

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Your eggs look delicious!

Smiles,
Teresa

silverhartgirl said...

Thank you so much for my gift i love it.
you have a award at my blog

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Just stopped by to wish you a lovely day and to invite you to enter my blogversary giveaway. Just stop by my blog and leave a comment to enter. Thanks!

Smiles,
Teresa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin