Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes, It Snows in California, and, Yes, I'm Ready for Summer!

Finally, more snow last Tuesday, but only patches of snow remain today, in spite of a small flurry yesterday.



Summer is calling me, and I answered with a trip to my studio for some jewelry creation. This carved mother of pearl starfish necklace, accented with a black opal mosaic inlay bead and a stylized sea urchin in brass filigree and pearl, is my creation for the LolliShops Co-op Ad in the Somerset Studio Summer 2009 magazine.

I can almost feel the sea breeze rustling the pink paper umbrella of my adult beverage...

7 comments:

Mary Wadsworth said...

This is beautiful Kathy! A refreshing sight for sore eyes on a wintry day in Michigan.

Thanks,
Mary

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh Kathy this is just gorgeous! It will be beautiful in the Sommerset mag.!!! Stunning!
Blessings~Sharon

TinyBear said...

Beautiful necklace. Perfect for the ad.
Tina x

Whimsical Creations said...

beautiful!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Simply beautiful!!!

BizzieLizzie said...

Yes, Kathy - I LOVE this necklace, but I LOVE the snow pictures too and CA got more than VA - so NOT fair!! So glad you shared them both!!

Renegade Rose said...

I simply ADORE this necklace! Count me in for summer wishing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin