Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Love

Victorian Rose

Though I work in many arts and crafts mediums, broken china mosaics are my first love. I tend to work on them the most through the spring and summer months, and I just finished these thrifted silverplate trays featuring vintage broken china rose focals. The large lazy susan pedestal tray above consists of antique and vintage chinas in sage greens, burgundy reds, and golds grouted with antique white grout, and still needs a fresh polishing.

Pink Chintz

My favorite pink rose is this vintage china pattern focal from Cunningham and Pickett. I love the pink combined with the spring green and aqua leaves. The pink basketweave and buttercream chintz tiles are from newer plates, and blend very well with older patterns, don't you think?

2 comments:

Mia Sophia said...

Beautiful work! Very lovely pieces~

LindaGJ said...

Mia is right!!! Beautiful!!! Your work is so awesome. WOW!!!
Linda:D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin