Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Here, Lizard, Lizard, Lizard!


A very uncooperative guest to the catnip forest, Mr. Alligator Lizard (Elgaria multicarinata scincicauda - Oregon Alligator Lizard) was as cranky as any mega-movie star being intruded upon by paparazzi during a Sunday picnic with said star's children! Hissing (or whatever it is that lizards do) and lunging at my hand (I admit I did pick him up a few times, and put him on the lawn where he would not normally be found) , he was exceedingly ungrateful for the free press here on my blog.



He was a big'un, about 18 inches, and more than half of that was tail. A mini-alligator without the teeth, swamp, and deathrolls. But definitely with the big-alligator attitude.



Alligator public domain image courtesy Free Clip Art.

1 comment:

flowergardengirl said...

I'm a nature love but no way I would pick it up. You are very brave.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin