Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage. Ugly. Makeover.

Remember when flattened beer bottle ashtrays and wine bottle vases from stretched glass were all the rage about 35 years ago? Hated 'em then, hate 'em now. And yet...this upside down green and amber stretch glass vase from my mom, vintage ugly transformed into a garden accessory, actually looks pretty amidst the white violets, especially when it's sparkling in the sun or sprinkler mist. Makes me wish I had them in more colors - quick, somebody slap some sense into me!

5 comments:

Vintage Inspired Jewelry said...

Well how clever Is that. Have a great week end...Kathi

I'm having a give away on my blog this week end, go take a peek.

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Too cute! I remember making those.....clever way of reusing as well!

Lynette Larson Campbell
www.mistymoonlightcreations.com
www.mistymoonlightcreations.blogspot.com

PussDaddy said...

Hahaha. I actually like the stretched out bottles, and the flattened bottles. A flattened bottle made into a cheese platter was on my list of stuff to buy on Etsy.

PussDaddy

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

VIJ and Lynette - Thanks for the feedback, and I'll check out your blogs!

Puss - I'm sure that cheese platter is vugly divine ;-)

julietk said...

What a fab idea. I once came across a group of nutty gardeners who make all sorts of things with glass for their gardens. Then the group was moved and lost track of it. I must look for it again,
Cool blog :-) Juliet

Blog Widget by LinkWithin