Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mosaic Milestone


This is my first mosaic birdhouse, finally completed. The banner on the front, and my ceramic "signature" on the back, were handmade for me by CMK Sculptures. Except for the mass market ceramic tile green leaves, the rest is broken china from plates and miniature teapots.


Here it was a few months ago, partially unfinished.



Upon delivery of this birdhouse to Ms. Lynn's Teahouse in Montague, CA, I received a request for one just like it in a pink floral cottage style! If you're ever in the area of Siskiyou County, don't miss Ms. Lynn's delightful lunch and teatime goodies and teas served with antique and vintage china dishes and teacups (the peach teas and delicately seasoned quiches are my favorites).

6 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

Gorgeous!!
I love it!
Looks like your LolliShops widget isn't working??
I'll look into that
~Sadie

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Thank you, Sadie!

VintageBella said...

Kathy, oh my gosh, too cute! Great job! I love the overturned cup "awning" in front!!!!! xo Heather

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, I just love it!! The half teacup over the door for an awning--brilliant! Very wonderful work!
Smiles, Karen

LindaGJ said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!
Linda:)

Leticia said...

Beautiful! I collect teapots and have saved a couple of my favorites that broke, in case I ever found a way to use the pieces. You have inspired me! THANK YOU!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin