Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Digital is the New Pink (My First Digital Collage)

My Great Grandmother, Katherine
 My Great Grandmother, circa 1912

The Victorian and Edwardian eras embody all that is dear today in cottage style, and the current renaissance of those eras in our pixel and physical arts and crafts reflect the elegant fuss, diminutive and layered details, rich colors (whether sepia, jewel or pastel), and  romantic overtones of a past age  reimagined.

Color and Radiance
Photoshopped  using a tutorial provided by Itkupilli

This is my first digital collage, combining elements from "T" altered art, Shabby Chic Papir Skatter, and Karen's Whimsy. The digital imagery I selected has great personal meaning for me when combined with that of my beloved great grandmother. She was a school teacher, and a great inspiration in my early childhood when I was fortunate enough to have known her for a few all-too-brief years.

Believe
Copyright 2009 Catnip Studio. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

Wow! That's really beautiful. I'm amazed at what can be done with digital collage tools.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

That turned out fantastic--I think your Grandmother would be proud!
Smiles, Karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin