Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

I've Been Floored Before But Not Like This

Just a quick post to show off one of my sandblasted tiles (the image is a stylized batik reindeer stolen patterned from an antique textile) set into the ceramic floor at Hanon's Floors on Main St. in Yreka, CA. The owner, Steve, is a terrific and friendly guy - he always had just what we needed for our home renovation, and I gave him the tile as a gift.  I had no idea that Steve had put it on display, so to speak, until my husband came home from shopping at Hanon's one day and told me that Steve had showed it to him. I had to go see for myself, of course!

4 comments:

LindaGJ said...

Oh I just love tiles so much! This one is so gorgeous too!!! I must explore....do you make sand blasted tile? I'll try to find out for myself! Just wanted to tell you that this one is a beauty!
Linda :)

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Hi, Linda,

I don't make the tiles themselves, but I do the artwork and sandblasting. Thanks for asking!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

WOW!! How beautiful!!

ps - thanks for stopping by my blog....yes....LOVE velvet ribbon too!!

flowergardengirl said...

Congratulations as that is very pretty and worthy of displaying for all to see.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin