Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Three-Legged Dog

Sigh...don't you hate it when this happens?  I was soooo disappointed that one of two new additions to my gingham dog and calico cat collection had suffered damage in mailing.

Of course, nothing broken ever goes back together the way it was, and there are always parts that can't be mended, or can't be found. (Hmmm, there's an allegory in there).

 
Allegories aside, my lame little gingham dog has already made a new friend (also a new addition, gotta love eBay). Later, I'll perform some cosmetic surgery by filling in the cracks on his leg with spackle, painting them to match with acrylic paint, and applying gloss finish to blend in with the glaze.


Puppy Love!

4 comments:

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

What a darling colletion! I've never even seen those sweeties before! I always learn something new when I visit your blog...Poor little doggy. I'm sure that you will have him good as new in no time!
Blessings~Sharon

Lauri's Photography said...

I found you on Etsy and quite enjoy your style. thanks for sharing!

PussDaddy said...

Those are adorable!

PussDaddy

Dee Dee said...

Cute pups. Glad you were able to mend broken bones.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin