Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Victorian Clip Art Trifecta


 From left to right: Young Folks Picture Book for All Seasons, Daisy Chain Series, copyright 1898; Little Ones Bible Lands, copyright 1898; Wonder Book for Little Children, Christmas Tree Series, inscription 1913.

On some recent antiquing jaunts I was fortunate enough to come across some tattered but terrific Victorian era children's story books with the most gorgeous black and white prints for clip art and digital collage!


from Wonder Book for Little Children

I'll be sharing the best images (and there are a lot of them) on my free clip art site, Vintage Catnip.


 The Mammoth Story Book, copyright 1899

On a separate shopping trip, I snagged The Mammoth Story Book . At 1 1/2 inches thick, each page is illustrated, sometimes several per page.


from The Mammoth Story Book

I am over the moon about these lucky finds, and I am so pleased to be able to share them with you!

2 comments:

Dee Dee said...

They look beautiful. Will have to check out your other site. :)

Sea Witch said...

I am sea witch green with envy!!!! These are absolutely gorgeous. I adore old books, especially Victorian pieces for their incredible prints and lettering. YOu really scored with this lovely group. Sea Witch

Blog Widget by LinkWithin