Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shanked Button Tag Decoration Tutorial

This may be a no-brainer to many, but I devised a way to use some of my collection of vintage shanked buttons as tag decorations. I didn't want to use adhesive or hot glue.






Tah-Dahhh!
Next, a little further embellishment.

Same as first two pics above, then thread both ends through the needle.

At this point, pull both thread ends through the loop as before.



The little paper flowers could have been punched in their centers with a hole punch, but "sewing" them was actually easier.

8 comments:

Whimsical Creations said...

What a cute idea!

Sea Witch said...

These are lovely. Thanks for sharing your technique. Sea Witch

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Thanks for stopping by!

TinyBear said...

oh - I LOVE that idea Kathy. What a great tutorial and those tags are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Thanks so much for sharing that with us! You know...sometimes things like this are so difficult to figure out for me..I always want to make things as hard for myself and complicated as possible!! (smile) What a Great Idea! Thank you Kathy!!
Blessings~Sharon

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh and Kathy...I love your toady in fall header. You really do find the prettiest colors in the neatest spots. Great eye, friend!
Sharon

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your thoughts!

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

Simple, but VERY EFFECTIVE idea . . . I'm off to check my button stash. LOL

Cheers,
Teresa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin