Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Venus Brimstone

I've been inspired by the brilliantly creepy and elegant long short story, Cleopatra Brimstone, written by Elizabeth Hand, and this digital collage is the result. It contains heavily altered antique images and elements from The Graphics Fairy (postcard, moth, Venus), Whimsical World of Fairies (frame), Rustic Pixel Backgrounds (background), and The Graphic Addict (roses).  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr. Catnip, a sometime art critic when forced coerced asked, stated, "It's bizarre!" (Cautionary reminder to self:  Be careful what you ask for, for you shall surely get it - or words to that effect).





9 comments:

cathyb said...

I love your collage - I'm recently so inspired by using Karen at Graphics fairys pictures and photoshop - yours is absolutely gorgeous - lots of layers right?

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

cathyb - thank you, and yes, there are lots of layers in this one!

Sea Witch said...

I always enjoy seeing what digital art you have created. Your work has such passion in it. Sea Witch

PetraB said...

It's not bizarre! maybe a edgy but I love this. The layering in your collage is really superb. Petra.

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! Like a beautiful magical dream! This one makes me want to look at it for a long time, I see different things in it each time I look. Very nice!!

Uniquely Myself said...

Hello Kathy! This is so exciting to see - I am so glad you could use the image. To think my image came from a box I was painting free handed gives me goose bumps. Keep creating - you are good! Sandra (Uniquely Myself)

Theresa111 said...

Please visit and signup free at BlogCatalog.com. Your blog would be a big hit over there. Over 20 millions visitors per month!
I really like your work!

Tammara said...

I love how all the images blended so well together. It is so pretty to look at.

mckinkle said...

Simply stunning! Beautiful work.
Keryn :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin