Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Time is Blue

I've finished a new digital collage, which turned out nothing like it began. It started with a blue satin slipper from Darvahlous,



a wonderful vintage wallpaper background from Tattered Vintage,



 and a lazuli bird from The Graphics Fairy.

Now, I haven't given up on the slipper or the lazuli bird, but my original plan somehow shifted into a more retrospective and personal theme of distance, the passage of time, and memory. The hands of the clock approximate the time of my sister's passing, the forget-me-not bouquet symbolizes my remembrance, the bird wing represents an angel wing, and the trio of swallows are my mother, myself, and my sister, Angel.  




The clock face is from The Graphics Fairy. The texture background is from Shadowhouse Creations. The wallpaper background is from Tattered Vintage.  To see more versions of this collage, and a poll for your favorite version, visit Vintage Catnip.


13 comments:

Sheila said...

I am always amazed at how creative one can be with all the different elements. When i try to do something like this is just looks like a big clutterd mess. Your creation is just stunning.

Marydon Ford said...

G'morn ~ BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely gorgeous.

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Jane said...

Your digital collage is absolutely beautiful and I love the meaning and the sentiment behind it. You are very talented.
Jane

Jax and Jewels said...

This is so beautiful! I am amazed at how symbolic and peaceful this collage is! You are very talented!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Thank you for comments. My art and craft work is helping me find some peace and closure.

Jann said...

Such a pretty creation! Love the colors and images!

Jan 4 Insight said...

Beautiful collage - so poignant and meaningful. And isn't true, so often our creations don't come out the way we first planned - and all the better for it!

Thank you for sharing :)

Cindy said...

Hi Kathy,
What a beautiful, symbolic piece--and I love the forget-me-nots!! They are very special. I want to tell you about something, so if you have a chance could you email me? It's: cindylou_20@hotmail.com
Hugs, Cindy

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

This is really beautiful Kathy, and such a beautiful meaning behind it too! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful piece for "Brag Monday"!

Nicecrane Designs said...

very creative,,,,,,,,,i love these bule tones,,,,,,,perhaps because i am a carzy perfectionist,,,,,,,I add some gradient effect to flowers,,,,,,and it would be absolutely perfect......but is my opinion...

debbie said...

I AM SO, SO VERY SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR SISTER. I DID NOT KNOW WHY YOU DID THIS COLLAGE BUT WHEN I SAW IT I WANTED ONE IN MEMORY OF MY DAUGHTER....MY ONLY DAUGHTER...GRADUATED TO HEAVEN ON OCTOBER 23, 2009 AT 1012 PM. SHE WENT HOME TO BE WITH JESUS FROM OUR HOME...HOSPICE OVERSAW US BUT WE, MY DH AND I DID EVERYTHING FOR HER. ANY WHOOO, IT IS JUST AWESOME THAT YOU HAD DONE IT FOR YOUR SISTER FOR A MEMORIAL AND WE SHALL NEVER FORGET THEM.
TEARS AND HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Debbie P. said...

Kathy,
Your collage is beautiful. You are as talented as ever. I am so sorry about Angel. It is good to know that you are finding a productive and beautiful way to deal with your grief. She would love it. I am glad to find your site and will check back often. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things said...

So cool! I hope one day I can learn how to do all of that!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin