Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

I've Outgrown My Studio, So I'm Moving

But I'm not moving far! My studio is an upcycled shed which is now too small for all of my crafty obsessions and supplies. Things have been spilling over into our home's dining room and living room, so Mr. Catnip suggested (ever so thoughtfully) that it might be a good idea to swap out my studio and our "pantry" (read: old millend barn that houses the freezers and household/holiday storage) - that way I would have more room, and could keep all of my crafting messes projects out of the house. Much to his surprise, I agreed! The old barn had already received some interior work a few years back, so painting was first on the studio agenda.

Emptied out and ready to paint.


Painted.
The floor and baseboards are next!

13 comments:

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

this looks like it's going to be a great studio! keep posting pictures as you make it homey.

I am thinking of moving my studio to another room in our house also. I too am spilling out into the dining room.

Sea Witch said...

Oohhh I love new digs. Can't wait to see what you show us until you move in. Sea witch

starrynightimpressions said...

Soooo exciting Kathy!!! You are going to be so organized! Those shelves are making me drool, lol.
My hubby is going to build me a studio and we have the spot picked out, now we just have to start, ha!
Can't wait to see your final results.
blessings,
starrydeborah

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

How Exciting!!! Lots of room to spread out and be creative!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh, this is very exciting news!! How cool--and the space looks amazing! Pleae keep us updated on the progress, you know we are all out here drooling and nosy as heck as to what you will do!!
lol
Smiles, Karen

ByLightOfMoon said...

This would be my dream, to move into a larger place of my own also. I am all over our home and overflowing the garage.

Maybe I just have too much stuff?
Smiles, Cyndi

You share beautiful art, I am honored to have found you today!
Thanks for sharing it!

Bridget said...

Very excited to see the end result. :o) Love (!) your banner. Truly lovely.

Denise Marie said...

awesome! found you on cottage style blogs. Looks like you are gonna have fun!

Margot said...

beautiful beautiful blogs!very inspiring and very generous of you to share!

Diana said...

I can't wait to see your studio finished. Also thank you for the vintage clip art goodies.

TinyBear said...

Hi Kathy
Thought you had been away for so long, so I just wanted to stop bye and say hi. I hope everything is okay with you. Probably busy with your new studio...
XO Tina

myeuropeantouch said...

Hi Kathy...am I green with envy...hm...no absolutely not!
And that's a big fat lie...(smile)
Hope you are well and doing good.
Congratulations on your new digs and may you prosper some more. Blessings, Monika

peggy gatto said...

How exciting!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the next photos!!!!!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin