Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Transforming Turquoise

The easel display is one of my decoupaged digital collage prints, Peony Birds.

This little desktop dresser was a junk store find. Painted a hideous, glossy, lumpy black with warped and sprung sides, it had little appeal. With glue, a few tiny screws, and a distressed turquoise paint job (those ugly lumps  peeking artfully through the surface), it now holds my household sewing supplies.

The pincushion is from Tiny Bear.

The painted papier mache box is from my collection.

5 comments:

Sea Witch said...

Absotuley gorgeous. Very Sea witch in this color. I may have to do one up myself. Sea Witch

icandy... said...

stunning... make me want to paint everything i own this color!!!!!
ox
christina

TinyBear said...

That color is fantastic Kathy - great display.
The mag. arrived yesterday - it´s so great. Thanks a lot ;D
Wishing you a wonderful weekend
Hugs, Tina

Jan from Wyoming said...

I love the color of this dresser and the pretty stuff on top. I'm glad you could see the beauty in this piece and salvage it for something that is both useful and that will brighten up your home!

Very nice...

Carmen Xandi's Artesanato said...

HI, I just loved all your work!!
You are so creative and the decoupage eggs, apples and pumpkins are so amazing !!
Have a nice weekend.
http://carmen45bos.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin