Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Studio Reveal (Part 3 - Storage Solutions cont.)

Most of the small storage in my studio is thrifted treasure that I've repaired and painted, like the wood tabletop rack, skinny wall shelf, and spice rack.

The old glass canning jars are married to orphan pottery lids.


The old lidless bean pot holding colored pencils was a junk store find. I love how it has all of the bright colors of my studio!
This glass-paned door was architectural salvage. It makes a great divider at the ending of my beading station - it doesn't block the light, and serves as vertical storage and display on both sides. For safety, Mr. Catnip attached it directly to my beading desk.

8 comments:

Tina @ TinyBear said...

Love the peek into your studio Kathy. Everything is so bringht and colorful. Love how you have used the door.
xo Tina

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Your studio looks wonderful!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

How fun to have a visit to your studio--fantastic! I love your idea of using orphaned lids on top of the glass jars, brilliant! That makes me want to dig around in some old boxes to see what I can find!
Smiles, Karen

Piper... the Woodland Wanderer said...

Love your blog and am drooling over your studio and storage ideas! Have added you as a favorite and will be back with a big cup of tea later to re-read and enjoy the eye candy :)

. said...

You really created a wonderful and colourful space, love all the different things you used to house all your materials (especially the old jar for t hepencils, love the colours of it). Great space.

You should take part in the next "where bloggers create", you can find the link in my blog (side panel).

Michelle Palmer said...

Love every nook n' cranny! Hooray for you!
Hope your weekend is wonderful~
Michelle

Leona's Old Linens said...

You have a delightful studio! So inviting.

MommaHen said...

This salvaged door divider is exactly what I'm looking for! I would love for you to share this on my WhateverWednesday linkie party!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin